NEET Counselling 2020 : Registration, Choice filling, Seat Allotment Result

NEET Counselling 2020 : Registration, Choice filling, Seat Allotment Result

The first thing to know of NEET counselling is that 15% of the total medical seats in a college are reserved to AIQ(All India Quota) and the other 85% of seats are filled in by State counselling (i.e, the students belonging to a particular state can apply for 85% of seats in that particular state counselling).

 

Exam
 

National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) Exam
 

Organiser

 

Medical Counseling Committee (MCC)/ Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
 

Registration Login Credentials

 

Roll number, registration number, date of birth and name

 

Fee

 

Rs 1000 (counselling fee) & Rs 10,000 (security fee)

 

Official Website

 

www.mcc.nic.in

 

 

Who is eligible to participate in the counselling of NEET 2020?

To participate in the NEET 2020 counselling process, candidates must fulfil the following eligibility requirements:

  • They must qualify the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test
  • They must be registered on the official website of MCC
  • All candidates, including candidates from the UT of J&K, can participate in the counselling for AIQ seats and deemed universities

 

NEET Counselling Dates 2020

Events

Round1

Round 2

Mop-up round

Registration/Payment

October 28 to November 2, 2020, till 3:00 PM

November 18 to 22, 2020, till 3:00 PM

December 10 to 14, 2020, till 3:00 PM

Choice Filling & locking

October 28 to November 2, 2020

November 19 to 22, 2020, up to 11:59 PM

December 11 to 14, 2020, till 11:59 PM

Processing of seat allotment

November 3 to 4, 2020

November 23 and 24, 2020

December 15 to 16, 2020

Allotment Result

November 5, 2020

November 25, 2020

December 17, 2020

Reporting to allotted colleges

November 6 to 12, 2020

November 26 to December 2, 2020

December 18 to 26, 2020

 


Recommended :-

Click Here to use free mock test for NEET preparation

Read More NEET 2021 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Preparation Tips, Pattern and Syllabus:


 

How to register for NEET 2020 Counselling and choice filling?

Steps to register for NEET UG counselling 2020:

Step 1: Log on the MCC's official website - mcc.nic.in.
Step 2: Tap on "UG Medical Counselling' link on the homepage.
Step 3: You will be directed to a new page where on the left hand side, you will be required to click on "New Registration" link.
Step 4: Enter the required credentials in the correct format and press the submit button.
Step 5: An OTP will be sent on your registered mobile number.
Step 6: Go to the Candidate Login and enter the details.
Step 7: Complete the application form providing all the relevant details.
Step 8: Pay the NEET UG 2020 counselling fee
Step 9:
Fill the choice of course and give preferences to the college/institute. Aspirants must note that there is no limit to the number of choices a candidate can fill.

 

Documents Required for Counselling:

Candidates have to bring their original documents along with attested photocopies of documents.

  • Mark Sheets
  • 10th & 12th Passing Certificate
  • NEET 2020 Admit Card
  • NEET 2020 Rank Card/Rank Letter
  • Category Certificate (If Applicable)
  • Birth Certificate
  • 8 Passport size photograph (Six)
  • Identity Proof
  • Provisional Allotment Letter

 

NEET 2020 Counselling for 15% AIQ

There are two rounds of AIQ online counselling i.e. Round 1 & Round 2.

Who are eligible: All candidates who have qualified for All India Quota seats on the basis of their rank in NEET UG conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) except the Union Territory of J&K are eligible.

AIQ includes:

  • 15% MBBS/ BDS Seats of States
  • 100% MBBS/ BDS Seats of BHU
  • 100% MBBS Seats of AIIMS across India
  • All India Quota of JIPMER (Puducherry/ Karaikal)
  • All India Quota seats of AMU/ DU/ VMMC/ ABVIMS
  • All India Quota Seats of Faculty of Dentistry (Jamia Milia Islamia)
  • All India Quota Seats of ESIC

 

Reservation policy to be followed while seat allotment in NEET 2020 Counselling for 15% AIQ:

Category

Percentage of reservation

SC

15%

ST

7.5%

PWD

5% Horizontal Reservation

OBC (NCL)

27% Only in Central Institutes / Universities

EWS

10% Only in Central Institutes / Universities

 

NEET 2020 Counselling for AFMS

Candidates who desire to participate in AFMS Counselling have to register on the MCC portal. The list of registered candidates is then sent to AFMS Authorities for conducting Offline counseling as per their rules and regulations. The result of the counselling i.e. the allotment status is sent back to MCC for uploading on MCC website.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to our newsletter