JEE Mains Counselling 2021 Procedure | Steps to fill JoSAA Counselling
Most of the science students carry a dream of pursuing their academic journey in either IITs, NITs or IITs. Just the thought of landing them in these premium institutes of the country thrills them, and you know what’s more thrilling? The Counselling for admissions! The aspirants of JEE Mains 2021 are in full spirits as the counselling for the same is approaching near for admissions to NIT's, IIITs and GFTIs. And, we know your mind is hovered by many questions now about the procedure and process of counselling. So, here is everything you need to know about JEE Mains counselling 2021.
JEE Mains Counselling 2021
The complete process of JEE Mains counselling 2021 is undertaken by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA). This year also, they will be scheduling it once the results are out. The counselling would be held through online mode. After JoSAA counselling, the leftover vacant seats will further be administered by Central Seat Allocation Board(CSAB)
Steps in the Counselling
- Registration- The students qualifying for the JEE Mains can participate in the counselling To initiate the process, the candidate needs to have to make online registration at the official website of JoSAA 2021. You have to use your JEE Mains 2021 roll number and password for logging in. All the fields must be filled accurately and after that, click the confirmation button.
- Choice Filling – Upon registration, the candidate needs to fill in preferred choices of institutions and courses they want admission in. It’s suggested to fill maximum choices for a maximum probability of getting admission. Once you fill in the choices, lock them or they will be automatically locked once the choice filling is closed.
- Mock Seat Allotment- Before provisional seat allocation, the JoSAA will conduct two rounds of mock counselling to make the process more comprehensive to the students. It will provide a better image to students of the probable institute they can get admitted to based on their scores. Analyzing the mock seat allotment results, candidate can change the choices. After the choice filling is closed, 6 rounds of subsequent provisional counselling will be held.
- Provisional Seat Allotment And Acceptance- Based on your scores, choices and cut-off marks, you will be allotted a seat at an institution from your preference list. To accept the seat, the candidate needs to make the fee payment through E-Challan or SBI net banking. Do keep the E-Challan receipt for further references. Candidates must also download the provisional seat allotment letter.
Once the candidate accepts the seat, he will be asked to choose from 3 options viz:
- Freeze- You lock the institute you got admission at and do not want to participate in further rounds of counselling.
- Float- You lock the institute you got admission at, but want to participate in further rounds of counselling to know about more options.
- Slide- You are open to joining higher courses if available in the same institute you got admission to.
After the seat acceptance payment, the candidate needs to report to the assigned institute for document verification.
Further developments in your admission include documents verification at the institute you get admission to. Following are the essential documents you need to carry for the verification:
- Provisional Seat Allotment Letter issued by official JoSAA portal.
- E-Challan receipt as proof of online seat acceptance payment.
- A valid identity card(government-issued)
- 3 passport size photos similar to the one uploaded during candidate registration.
- JEE Mains Admit Card
- JEE Mains 2021 scorecard
- 12th class official mark-sheet
- Date of Birth proof
- Category card if applicable
- Disability documents if applicable.
How Can We Help?
After months of preparations, waiting for results and all the stress and anxiety, it becomes tedious for students to carry on with the counselling process with all alertness. Margdarshan here becomes a significant help for you. We don’t just guide and help students during preparations for the exam but also throughout their counselling process. We help you in every step of counselling, from online registration to provisional admission.
Our well-versed experts do all the research and analysis to provide you with the most accurate prediction of the probable institute you can get admitted to. Based on it, you can make your preference list efficiently. Our successful history with many students in getting admission to their dream institute backs our words.
So, be ready to chase your dreams as Margdarshan is always there to hold your hands at each step.